Join the next meeting on Zoom.
When: Jul 9, 2020 05:30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Topic: Disabilities Commission - Communications Committee Thursday, July 9 – 5:30-6:30 p.m.
Please click the link below to join the webinar:
Or iPhone one-tap :
US: +13017158592,,84874489458# or +13126266799,,84874489458#
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 301 715 8592 or +1 312 626 6799 or +1 929 436 2866 or +1 253 215 8782 or +1 346 248 7799 or +1 669 900 6833
Webinar ID: 848 7448 9458
International numbers available: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kbOJqqU2HO
The Athens City Commission on Disabilities is an agency of city government whose commitment is to provide a means for the concerns of people with disabilities to be heard; to advocate for public policy change; to provide expertise to the community on disabilities; and tell the community about the strengths and limitations of people with disabilities, as well as how the community can help them improve their quality of life, thereby ensuring equality of opportunity and full participation in community life for everyone.
The Commission consists of a minimum of 11 members appointed by the Mayor and confirmed by Athens City Council, one City Council Representative, and the Mayor or his designee. Term length is three years.
|Bouvier, Dianne (Mayor's Designee)||N/A|
| Dikis, Rose
| Dilley, Berry
|Dower, Samorra S.||12/31/21|
| Lewis, Carolyn (Treasurer)
| McNelly, David R. (Chair)
|Smedley, Arian (City Council Rep)||N/A|
|Trembly, Noah (Vice-Chair)||12/31/20|
Powers & Duties
- Make recommendations to the Athens City government on city services related to the needs of persons with disabilities
- Act as liaison between members of the community and local government
- Respond to questions from the public, local government, and community
- Consult with Athens city officials, council, and citizens
- Inform the city of grant opportunities
- Submit activity reports and recommendations to the Athens City Council
- 3rd Wednesday of every month
- 5:30 PM
- Community Center
To make a presentation or to add agenda items contact the Mayor's Office: (740) 592-3338