Pickle Ball Courts
There are four dedicated pickle ball courts located at East State Street Park behind the Athens Community Center at 701 East State Street, Athens, Ohio. These courts are first come, first serve. These courts are currently open and playable! Fencing, benches and a playing surface will be installed over the next few months. Bring your own paddles and balls or stop in to the Athens Community Center to borrow a set.
We ask that you follow the rules listed below:
Rules and Etiquette for Open Play Pickle Ball
Pickleball Courts remain under construction but are open for play when no crews are working! We are awaiting surface paint, seating, fencing, and paddle hangars to encourage court rotation. These courts are intended for use by any community members wishing to play pickleball. They are not scheduled or open to reservations.
• Hours: 6am – 10pm
• First come/first serve and cannot be reserved for private or commercial use.
• No unauthorized paid coaching or private lessons.
• These are open play courts and are intended to be used by all levels of players. To help group players for open play follow these guidelines:
Beginner/intermediate courts are the 2 closest to the skate park.
Intermediate/advanced courts are the 2 closest to the community center.
• If all courts are full and players are waiting, limit play to one (1) game played to 11 points.
• Waiting players place paddles in groups of four on ground near court
• When a game is complete, the next four rotate onto court.
• The next four waiting move up to be next in line.
• If players coming off court wish to continue play, they place their paddles at the end of the paddle line.
Remain respectful and encouraging of others. We want our community to enjoy this awesome resource. Bullying, abusive language, and other threatening behaviors will not be tolerated and will result in removal from the property.